So I’ve been back in NYC for three days now, and as much as I did not want to leave the south. It is good to be back to my routine – sort of. I could do with out work.
I tend to operate better with a routine (hello girl with control issues). Although I really think the laid back, slower pace of the south could probably be really good for me.
So last Thursday, I rolled out a fun list post done in threes. I decided to keep the trend going again this week. Perhaps this will stick, we shall see.
3 Times Thursday continues…
As soon as I landed from my 6am (aaahhh!) flight Tuesday morning I had to race home a get presentable because bb got us tickets to be audience members on The Chew! My current favorite show. I go home for lunch everyday at 1 to watch it with bb.
Three Awesome Things from The Chew:
1. I ate a sloppy joe made by Iron Chef, and Chew Host, Michael Simon.
2. I got to see Carla Hall (my fav top chef contestant ever) dance all over the place the whole taping. She is even better in person.
3. Everyone in the Audience got Hello Kitty Lunch boxes from Daphne Oz. I will definitely be using this when I go back to school in May : ).
I’m using yellow today because it is officially Spring! I can’t wait to get to the farmer’s market on a nice weekend.
Three Favorite Spring Produce:
1. Strawberries – already enjoying on everything!
With flax meal, cheerios, and yogurt for best breakfast this am! Classic tastes so good.
3. Snap Peas
Three New Magazines I Love:
1. Yoga Journal
2. Whole Living
3. Natural Health
3 Lower Intensity workouts I’m still enjoying:
1. Strong Yoga at Strala – I will miss it so much when I’m gone. Best yoga classes I’ve taken in the city. Celebrity instructor Tara Stiles actually recognizes me now from class, and chatted with me today. I was very flattered.
2. Tons of Walking
3. Easy 2-3 mile light runs
3 Products I’ve Been Loving:
1. Hemp Seeds - sprinkled on smoothies, yogurt, microwaved cinnamon apples, salads
2. Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Oats - I’ve actually had a couple bags of these. I like them because they are thicker and chewier than traditional rolled oats.
3. Coach Farm’s Goat Milk Yo-Goat Drink - I use 1/2 – 1/3 cup at a time. Perfect to mix with milk for cereal, added to smoothies, or I really enjoy it with overnight oats. The nutrition facts are great for 1 cup: 150 cals, 9g fat, 4g of sugar, and 9g protein. The low sugar content blows any regular flavored yogurts out of the water. In addition, with goat milk there are never any hormones involved and they are always grass beed.
What is your favorite Spring produce? Lemons are up there for me too.
Any products that you can recommend for me?? I‘ve been eyeing maca powder too. I think I might purchase some next pay day.