I cannot believe tomorrow is May already! April was my 5th month participating in the Foodie Pen Pal program dreamed up by the lovely Lindsay at the The Lean Greenbean.
Now on to what you really want to see. What did I get?? Nicole from Apple and Arteries sent me tons of fun stuff. FPP is seriously like having a birthday every month. I love packages, and I think in this digital age Lindsay and her great idea might be signal handily saving the Post Office.
My box o’ goodies included:
- Trail Mix – an always welcome box edition. You can never have enough trail mix and granola
- Barefruit dried pears – Love these! I’ve had the apple ones, and Iove them in oatmeal and cottage cheese. And there is no sugar added! Just the crunchy, crispy pears.
- Tazo Tea in Refresh and Passion – again always welcome! I drink like 4-5 cups of tea a day. Mint in a fav or mine, and the passion was great iced – as suggested by Nicole. Great idea!
- Extra gum – I ditched the gum habit for a while and recently picked it back up. This pack was gone pretty quickly.
- Odwalla bar – super protein. Perfect since I’ve needed to up my protein intake and have extra snacks with me.
- My favorite the Penzy Spices! She sent me the Spain and Singapore blends. I used the Singapore in my Spicy Pinto Portobello Burgers and it was amazing! The spain blend was sprinkled on some balsamic marinated mushrooms and other veggies for grain bowl one night. I have tons of signal spices, but no blends – this was so easy and perfect for some of my recent meals.
- Nicole also has these awesome pens for her blog. Better than business card!
Besides getting a box of goodies every month. Foodie pen pals is great for introducing you to new blogs and people. Getting to know Nicole now, I found we have a lot in common – she got started by trying to learn some of the science behind a healthy lifestyle.
Get on board! Fill out the form and contact Lindsay via this link by May 4th to join in. Its only $15 max to play and the experience every month is priceless!
What was the last thing you got in the mail??
Happy Monday, and last day of April!