During my early morning short shift at the coffee shop today, a customer came in a paid with the app level-up. The base of the machine lights up and he was pretty pumped by this. To make it even more exciting I threw up my fingers into jazz hands and said “happy monday!”
We could all use a little lights and jazz hands on a Monday morning – in addition to the large coffee
Luckily, my beautiful friend Katie gives us Marvelous Monday posts every week to get us into that positivity spreading spirit.
1. My favorite breakfast lately:
Chobani greek yogurt, persimmon, naturally sweetened pumpkin butter, sweet and salty granola, and cinnamon
sub the permission for pomegranate seeds
Both seasonally inspired and equally delicious
2. My best friend from back home ran her first 5k yesterday!! Congrats Jenna – you are awesome. I couldn’t be happier for you :)!!
She also sent me this card over the weekend:
There are no words to express how much this card meant to me. I really needed the encouragement/support. <3
3. Creating a new tradition with my boo. Although, I am not going home this week for Thanksgiving, and my heart it is breaking about it, bb is actually back home as of yesterday for almost 10 days. It is the first slash longest time since end of July! When I get out of work on Turkey Day we are going to create our own untraditional celebration – perhaps some Indian take out and heading to see the new James Bond! Whoop whoop! Not necessarily ideal, but it will still be special
4. Dates and new friends! I made new friends Saturday at the Pushcart Coffee grand opening party.
I was like a giddy, flirty school girl when we texted on Sunday and made plans for watching the Macy’s parade balloons get blown up on Wednesday evening – soooo pumped for this!!
I also made a long standing date with Jen for yoga and tea next week. We have yet to meet in person!
5. This quote:
“Surrounding yourself with people living their dreams, is the best shortcut to living your own”
Don’t you love when you read something somewhere, spontaneously that really hits home for your life at that exact moment?? That is in fact so marvelous!
6. Tara Stiles and 7 Weeks of Bliss. Tara is the founder of Strala, my lovely yoga studio. She is awesome and today starts her 7 Weeks of Bliss Campaign. Calm, Connected and Inspired all week long with videos to boost your mind, move your body, and fuel yourself through the holiday season. Can’t think of a better idea to start winter with.
While I’ve been reading these posts for months, I have yet to join in while I get my life back together. Time to stop saying and start just doing!
The best way I could think to start to re-introduce my life here on Freckles & Spice, was to share my passions in yesterday’s post. I have plenty of the more meaningful/deep/heavy/thoughtful posts in the wings, but to be the blogger I strive to be, I think it is best to mix it up with some fun posts – expect more marvelousness, fun quizzes, and definitely recipes to be sprinkled in F&S.
What is marvelous in your life??
And I’m still looking to hear your passions!